3 Tips for Selecting the Best Tile for the Swimming Pool Area
Swimming pools are increasingly becoming common in upscale homes in the US. Homeowners are installing swimming pools to give their homes a more elegant look. Apart from aesthetics, they also have a fun element as well.
One important aspect of a swimming pool is selecting the right tile. Here are three important points that you should consider when installing tiles for the swimming pool area.
1. Select the Right Design
You should select the right tile design that makes the pool look inviting and appealing. Consider selecting a tile that will complement the house decor. You can install plain tiles or decorative tiles depending on your preferences. Also, you can arrange plain tiles in an artistic manner to create a bold visual impact.
2. Select the Right Type
Many people get confused when confronted with different types of tiles. You should carefully consider the type of tile you choose for the home renovation project. Installing a tile is a long-term investment. The decision will delight you, or may come to haunt you for a long time. Here is a brief overview of the different types of tiles you install in the swimming pool area.
- Natural Stone — Natural stone is one of the most common swimming pool tiles. They are durable and rugged. The tiles can last for decades without much wear and tear. But they need to be sealed after every few years to prevent absorption of pool water.
- Porcelain Tiles — Porcelain tiles are easy to install and maintain. They are soft to touch and can be easily cleaned to retain their look. However, a drawback of this type of tile is that it can easily be broken.
- Mosaic Tiles — Mosaic tiles can add color to the swimming pool area. They are available in different designs, colors, and sizes. They are preferable for the sides and bottom of the pool.
- Glass Tiles — Glass tiles can add a beautiful style statement. Installing the tiles at the bottom or the sides can add a depth to the pool area. The colors are more broad and deeper in glass tiles that create an impression that the pool is deeper.
3. Select a Tile with Lifetime Guarantee
Lastly, you should select a tile that comes with a lifetime guarantee. Tiles are a costly investment. That's why you should consider buying tiles that come with a guarantee against color fading and weather damage. This will ensure that you don't have to spend a large sum after a few years to replace dull looking tiles. It will save you money and provide a lasting appeal as well.
Do you want help in installing natural or artificial stone tiles in the swimming pool area? If so, you should contact WholeTiles.com. We have a large variety of stones that can perfectly complement your swimming pool area.